Posed so perfectly, mannequins don't usually bring movement to mind. But Ralph Pucci has proved he's no dummy. He injected a bit of ironic tension into the launch of Girl, his latest series of faceless fiberglass forms, by hosting the award-winning Buglisi Dance Theatre for a fund-raiser at Ralph Pucci International in New York. Figures human and inanimate shared the spotlight during a dance called The Journey.
1. One of Ralph Pucci International's single Girls with a member of Buglisi Dance Theatre.
2. BDT dancers playing mannequin.
3. The Girls dressed in Frank Tell designs.
4. A trio of Girls observing a pas de deux.
5. Pucci's Sport mannequins, painted bronze for the occasion, getting into the act.